Support Renters’ Rights!
Join today or pay your annual dues! Use the Donate button below to make a payment with your credit card.
***Annual membership dues are $35 or more per calendar year.***
You can also mail a check or money order (no cash please) to:
SMRR, 2633 Lincoln Blvd., Suite 513, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
Please make check payable to SMRR.
Please consider becoming a sustaining member by donating monthly!
Your payment means that you support SMRR’s Statement of Purpose (below) and wish to be a member.
SMRR Statement of Purpose – Since 1979
SMRR is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the unique quality of life for all residents in the City of Santa Monica. In order to achieve this goal, we resolve:
1. To support and defend local rent control laws.
2. To run campaigns to elect progressive candidates to local offices.
3. To support progressive public officials and promote accountability to the public by public officials.
4. To open the democratic process to all citizens without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or political belief.
5. To seek to improve social services including child care and services for the elderly.
6. To improve and increase open space.
7. To support planned growth while protecting neighborhoods from overdevelopment.
8. To increase and improve access to affordable housing for persons of limited income.
9. To enhance the safety of residents and reduce crime.
10. To increase public participation in government by supporting community organizations.
11. To support efforts to ensure a safe and clean environment.
12. To improve the educational opportunities for all age levels.
13. To support human rights including reproductive rights.
Donations are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes.