Support Renters’ Rights: Join today, pay your annual dues, or make a donation!
Join today: Annual membership dues are $35 (or more) per calendar year. To become a member, please use the PayPal button below to make a payment of $35 (or more). Your payment means that you support SMRR’s Statement of Purpose (below).
Pay Your Annual Dues: To renew your membership, use the PayPal button below to make a payment of $35 (or more). Donations over $35 are welcome and will help support our year-round Tenant Hotline and our renters’ rights outreach in our community.
Just Make a Donation: Whether or not you are a dues-paying member, you can make a donation to SMRR in any amount, or you can make recurring monthly donations. To donate or set up recurring monthly donations, use the PayPal button below to get started and follow the prompts. Check the box that says “Make this a monthly donation” to become a sustaining member. A sustaining membership provides all the benefits of membership and helps us to plan, organize, and do more for you and our community!
Yes, you can write a check! You can join, pay your annual dues, make a donation, or make recurring monthly donations with your own checks or Bill Pay service, if you do not wish to pay online. Please make checks or money orders payable to SMRR (no cash please) and mail to: SMRR, 2633 Lincoln Blvd., # 513, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
Thank you for your support!
SMRR Statement of Purpose – Since 1979
SMRR is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the unique quality of life for all residents in the City of Santa Monica. In order to achieve this goal, we resolve:
1. To support and defend local rent control laws.
2. To run campaigns to elect progressive candidates to local offices.
3. To support progressive public officials and promote accountability to the public by public officials.
4. To open the democratic process to all citizens without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or political belief.
5. To seek to improve social services including child care and services for the elderly.
6. To improve and increase open space.
7. To support planned growth while protecting neighborhoods from overdevelopment.
8. To increase and improve access to affordable housing for persons of limited income.
9. To enhance the safety of residents and reduce crime.
10. To increase public participation in government by supporting community organizations.
11. To support efforts to ensure a safe and clean environment.
12. To improve the educational opportunities for all age levels.
13. To support human rights including reproductive rights.
Donations are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes.