Watch SMRR’s latest Webinar recorded 4-23-21
Get answers to questions regarding rental assistance, non-payment protections, harassment and eviction protections, and fair housing. Watch here: SMRR Live Webinar: Avoiding Eviction Post-COVID: “Rental Assistance and Tenant Protections”.
- Eda Suh, Deputy City Attorney, City of Santa Monica
- Denise McGranahan, Senior Attorney, Santa Monica office of the Legal Aid Foundation LA
- Romy Ganschow, Staff Attorney, Santa Monica office of the Legal Aid Foundation LA
- Hana Kommel, Staff Attorney, Preventing and Ending Homelessness Project, Bet Tzedek Legal Services
- Naomi Sultan, Supervising Attorney, Mental Health Advocacy Services, Inc.
- Ed Hunsaker, SMRR Hotline Volunteer
- Moderators: SMRR Co-Chairs Denny Zane and Mike Soloff
Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, changes in law affecting renters have been enacted on the federal, state, and local levels. SMRR hosted a Live Webinar on Friday April 23, 2021 from 10:00-11:30AM to share information with the Santa Monica renter community about these changes, including non-payment protections, California’s rental assistance program, harassment and eviction protections, and fair housing.
- Are you unsure about what steps to take to protect yourself if you are unable to pay your rent due the coronavirus health crisis?
- Do you know where to turn for advice if you receive a notice, a demand, or an eviction lawsuit from your landlord?
- Do you know the difference between the City of Santa Monica emergency orders affecting residential tenants and the state and federal tenant protections?
Our panel of experts from the City Attorney’s Office and from various legal services organizations answered these questions, and more.
If you know someone who would like to receive email reminders from SMRR please tell them to send an email to [email protected], and we’ll add them to our mailing list.
SMRR cannot provide legal advice, but SMRR is committed to providing Santa Monica renters with information to better understand their rights. This is a challenging time for our community and so we will keep striving to do our part to help our neighbors navigate these uncertain times.